Before the category A film festival starts in Karlovy Vary, Czechia (it will take place from June 30 to July 8), representatives of media will be able to talk in person with Andrey Yermak, the producer of a Slovak-Ukrainian movie THE LINE, who will share his experience in working with Slovak partners, divulge some secrets about the participation of national movies at prestigious film festivals, and tell about his grand plans for the further plans for THE LINE.
Other speakers include:
– Philip Illienko, head of the Ukrainian State Film Agency;
– Tagir Imangulov, Director of “Initiative for the Future” Charity Foundation of Ukraine of Igor Iankovskyi;
– Andrey Yermak, producer of THE LINE;
– star of THE LINE Rimma Zyubina;
– Marina Stepanska, director of FALLING;
– Volodymyr Filippov, producer of FALLING.
THE LINE is a first Slovak-Ukrainian co-production, a crime thriller shot on the territory of Ukraine, Slovakia, and Czechia. This year it will compete with 10 other features for the main prize of Karlovy Vary International Film Festival.
Its cast includes a leading Slovak actor Tomáš Maštalír, accompanied by Emília Vášáryová Fanpage and popular Slovak star Andy Gryts. Slovak actors are joined by their Ukrainian colleagues: Rimma Zyubina – laureate of the first national film award Golden Dzyga, Stanislav Boklan, awarded by the Kyivska Pektoral Award for Best Male Actor, young Ukrainian actor Alekxandr Piskunov-Persidskii, and Ukrainian actor Volodymyr Gelias.